Tomorrow (11/20), Noshir Contractor will be presenting at the National Communication Association (NCA) Convention. He will discuss topics surrounding AI and teams as part of a panel titled Team Communication Research in the Age of Artificial Intelligence.
Other speakers in the panel include:
- Brooke Foucault Welles from Northeastern University
- Javier Garcia from US CCDC Army Research Laboratory
- Nina Lauharatanahirun from University of Pennsylvania and US CCDC Army Research Laboratory
- Andrew Gambino from Penn State University
- Christoph Riedl from Northeastern University
- Leslide DeChurch from Northwestern University
More details on the panel can be found below:
Title: Team Communication Research in the Age of Artificial Intelligence
Fri, 11/20: 3:30 PM – 4:45 PM EST
Room: Zoom Room 17
Artificial intelligence (AI) technology has accelerated at a rapid pace in recent years, presenting novel opportunities and challenges to the study of team communication. In this panel, we bring together experts who use AI in many different aspects of their team communication research, including: AI-supported data collection and analysis, behavioral modeling and prediction in teams, agent-based modeling of teams, and hybrid human-agent teams. This panel will feature short individual presentations about leading edge AI-team research, followed by discussion of critical issues in this domain including data security, ethics, privacy, and student training. Together, we aim to outline an agenda for future work where AI is thoughtfully integrated into team communication research.