The SONIC research group and ATLAS laboratory at Northwestern University invite applications for a research lab manager to support lab directors Noshir Contractor (SONIC) and Leslie DeChurch (ATLAS) on administrative and operational aspects of their research portfolios here at Northwestern University – Evanston Campus.
The lab manager will be responsible for supporting a variety of lab operations, including reporting and compliance requirements, communication of findings through digital displays and online materials, and organization and updating of research materials and files. In addition, the lab manager will assist in training new lab members and other research related activities.
- Preparation and submission of grant reports and other administrative documents needed for compliance.
- Preparation of materials to promote our research on digital displays and lab websites.
- Regularly update lab databases tracking publications, presentations, personnel, and other information needed for laboratory operations.
- Oversee IRB procedures and maintain confidentiality of participant information; ensures compliance with institutional, state and federal regulatory policies, procedures, directives and mandates.
- Miscellaneous laboratory management tasks such as ordering supplies and maintaining equipment.
- Strong project management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive relationships with various stakeholders.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to multitask and to prioritize activities to successfully complete projects on tight deadlines with little supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and Google Drive required.
- Willingness to learn scientific formatting requirements (e.g., APA format) in preparing research materials.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Communication, Psychology, Sociology, Business, Industrial Engineering, or a social science field.
- Experience in an interdisciplinary research environment preferred.
- Experience with IRB or grant-writing preferred.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and three references (i.e., contact details) to Brent Hoagland (email@example.com). Additionally, Northwestern University will have a formal application process.